WATCH IT HEREThe best distance-to-line tool ever just got better, with crystal clear optics, zero-latency navigation, and multicolor backlight.
Sailing World called the Classic ProStart possibly the greatest electronic racing gadget of this decade, and Practical Sailor gave it their prestigious Editor's Choice award. Now we're taking this legendary product to the next level with some major upgrades.
Highly Visible in All Conditions
A bonded Gorilla® Glass display with razor sharp white on black digits shows up crystal clear through your favorite polarized sunglasses. A user selectable white / red LED backlight takes care of night sailing or other low light situations.
Zero-Latency Aerospace-Grade Navigation
A powerful 72 channel, 18Hz multi-constellation GPS receiver combined with a 100Hz solid-state 6-axis inertial measurement unit (IMU) and a patented high-precision 3-axis geomagnetic sensor gives you accurate distance, speed and heading information with zero lag time.
Better off the water too…
100-Hour Li-Ion Battery
A battery that you can charge using any USB port or phone charger and then forget about for the rest of the week gives you one less thing to worry about on race days.
High-Speed, High-Capacity Data Logging
The ProStart records position, time, course over ground, speed over ground, magnetic heading and heel angle four times per second. The 8GB onboard flash memory is enough room for 1000 hours of sailing data.
When you plug the new ProStart into any Mac, PC or Linux computer it shows up as an external drive with your track files on it. You can drag and drop these files into browser based replay software like Charted Sails or Njord Analytics, without having to install anything on your computer.
The new ProStart, running firmware version 35, automatically calculates the magnetic bearing the starting line is square to. This allows you to easily compare the line square to bearing to a head-to-wind bearing on your compass. Do this every start and you'll save your self the hassle of running the line and quick calculations in your head.
To display ‘Line Square To’ bearing, press the MODE and MAX buttons at the same time.
‘Line Square To’ is calculated as the magnetic bearing from the right end of the line to the left end of the line plus 90°
- ±0.1 Knots Speed Accuracy
- ±0.5°Heading Repeatability
- Refreshes 4 times per second (4Hz)
- Water Resistant to 3m / 10 ft (IPX8)
- 120mm × 175mm × 40mm case
- 30mm tall digits and 120° viewing cone
- Red / white LED backlight
- Captures Lat, Long, Time, COG, SOG, magnetic heading, and heel angle (4Hz)
- 1000–hour data log downloadable on MacOS, Windows, or Linux
- 100–hour Lithium-Ion Battery
- Compatible with Velocitek Mast Bracket and Velocitek W Bracket
- 2 Year Warranty
- Seldén BRITISH MOTH Carbon Boom
- Sentinel BM40 Boat Monitor
- Seldén FLYING DUTCHMAN Aluminium Boom - 2633
- Cyclops Marine Smarttoggle 4.5t or 7t - Wireless Load Sensor for Non-Structural Furlers
- Dr. Sails SAILKIT CLUB
- Seldén GP14 Aluminium Boom -2628 - New Fittings
- Velocitek Speedpuck
- Dr. Sails SAILKIT RACE
- Seldén HORNET Carbon Boom -78mm
- Protect Tape Kit For Moths & Skiffs
- Seldén 505 Aluminium Boom - 2633
- Seldén SCORPION Aluminium Boom - Olympus