The Makai is the first GPS that’s specifically designed for stand up paddle boarding (SUP). It measures the Doppler shift in GPS signals to calculate your speed every half-second.
Velocitek is based on the North Shore of Maui. The Makai was designed to the specifications of the professional SUP racers who live and train here. The result is a product that can handle extreme conditions. The Makai’s shape is optimized to minimize drag while deflecting spray away from the screen.
Like all Velocitek products, the Makai makes sense without a manual. It only has one giant button. We guarantee that you will be able to figure it out in a few minutes. The Makai recalls your maximum and average speeds for a session to help you track your progress and evaluate equipment choices.
A rechargable Lithium Ion battery gives you more than 40 hours of paddling time on a single charge. Plug the included USB cable into any Mac, PC, or smartphone charger to recharge.
Two mounting plates with 3M VHB adhesive
USB charging cable
Extra charging port lid
Quick Start Guide
- GPS for SUP
- Readable in direct sunlight
- Speed (km/h, mph)
- Distance (km, mi)
- Elapsed time
- Maximum & average speed recall
- 40 hour rechargable Li-Ion Battery
- Comes with 2 quick-release mounting plates
- Warranty covers water ingress
- Seldén BOSUN Aluminium Boom - 2633
- Seldén 505 Aluminium Boom - 2633
- Seldén Hydraulic Backstay Tensioner
- Seldén ENTERPRISE Aluminium Boom - 2628
- Seldén 505 Carbon Boom
- Karver Top Down Swivel Tack Adaptor
- Seldén CONTENDER Carbon Boom
- Seldén GRADUATE Aluminium Boom -2628 - Finished
- Karver KSW 40 - Speed Winch
- D-Splicer D-Scissors (D20) - Large
- Karver KPW 110 - Power Winch
- Marlow Cordless Hot Knife