As every sailor knows, rig set up is key to performance on the race course and being able to repeat favourite rig settings for differing conditions throughout the season is even more important. Until now sailors had to rely on basic tools which often left them frustrated with inconsistency for critical rig measurements.
Spinlock Rig-Sense is a new rig tuning tool developed for consistent and repeatable measurement of loads on wire and fibre. Compact, durable, lightweight and easy to handle, Rig-Sense uses a composite leaf spring that is calibrated to output repeatable tensile load readings to a direct linear scale in Kgs, rather than having to check and calculate loads on a complicated set of tables.
With Rig-Sense you can quickly and reliably take your readings to compare and adjust if needed against base settings, before heading out on the water.
Designed for 2-5mm or 5-8mm wire and fibre cable Rig-Sense accurately displays rig loads on a clear, simple and durable etched display, ensuring teams can tune their rig with confidence. Due to its innovative design and use of materials such as stainless steel for the contact points and composite leaf spring, Rig Sense can be taken from boat to boat and loaned to others, confident in being able to share repeatable rig settings.
Spinlock CEO Chris Hill comments ‘Rig-Sense’ joins our growing Sense Range of data measuring tools. Sailors are becoming much more interested in measuring and capturing data to aid their performance, learning from time on the water to help improve long term performance. Rig-Sense offers a big improvement to the measurement of rig tension, making it simpler and easier for the sailor, and now coupled with the Rig-Sense App comes the ability to share and export data for later analysis with your team or sharing knowledge within a class’.
The free Rig-Sense App, available for both iOS and Android, allows users to work efficiently with their gauge, storing and managing the data on smart phones and tablets. Using the Rig-Sense app you can record data of critical settings to ensure repeatable race settings over differing conditions. Create your own custom templates to compile data for a range of boats or classes, add images and share and export data for later analysis with your class.
For more information on how to download the Rig-Sense app Click here
For a link to the Rig-Sense features video Click here
- Diameter range 2-5mm and 5-8mm
- Direct Scale with tension output
- Composite calibrated leaf spring
- Stainless steel contact points
- Ergonomic, robust body
- Compact size, durable and light
- Easy one handed operation
- Carry bag included
- Works in conjunction with the Rig-Sense App
1 document for Spinlock Rig-Sense
- Seldén CONTENDER Carbon Boom
- Silva Access - 18WP Backpack
- Seldén FLYING DUTCHMAN Aluminium Boom - 2633
- Velocitek Makai
- Nub The Nub
- Seldén DEVON YAWL Aluminium Boom - Mizzen- 2520
- Seldén FIREFLY Aluminium Boom - 2520
- Mantagua Horizontal Masthead Light - 2nm
- Seldén ENTERPRISE Aluminium Boom - 2628
- Mantagua TINY Range - 1NM Horizontal LED Tricolour Light
- Karver Top Down Swivel Tack Adaptor
- Ino-Block THE ORIGINAL Becket