Seldén CX and Seldén GX are operated with an endless furling line running over a line driver drum. The furling line is preferably led all the way back to the cock pit and Seldén offer the Double Fairlead and the Twin-Cam block for a well organized set up. A purpose made AT-Cable has been developed to secure the function of the system and as the performance of top-down furling is dependant on the torsional rigidity of the AT-cable, it is included in the Seldén GX furlers.
• Metal ”teeth” in the drum make for a good grip on the line when furling the sail.
• A wedge in the line guide separates the line from the drum when unfurling the sail and the drum spins freely.
• Sealed steel bearing in the drum and in the halyard swivel for long service life.
• Rubber fender prevents the halyard swivel from chafing the mast while hoisting the furled sail.
• CX. Spring loaded lock makes it easy to connect the thimbles to the drum and the halyard swivel.
• GX. Patented line lock for easy mounting of the AT-Cable to the drum and to the halyard swivel.
• All structural parts are made of high-strength Duplex stainless steel. This means reduced material and low weight.
• Non-structural parts are made of impact resistant glass fibre reinforced polyamide composite.
- Seldén CX drum and halyard swivel are included in the kit. (Cable and Thimbles available separately.)
- Max cable lengths available:
- Drum Size: 105mm
- Dimension of AT-cable needed: 9mm
- Max suggested sail area: 50m²
- Safe Working Load: 10kN
1 document for Seldén CX15 Basic Kit
- Seldén 505 Carbon Boom
- Seldén 470 Aluminium Boom - Olympus
- Karver KSF2 Top Down Furler
- Trogear Trogear AS-40
- Dr. Sails SAILKIT SPI
- Seldén Bosun Aluminium Boom - 2633
- D-Splicer D-Scissors (D20) - Large
- Seldén British Moth Aluminium Boom - 2628
- Seldén Firefly Aluminium Boom - 2520
- Velocitek Makai
- Seldén Flying Dutchman Aluminium Boom - 2633
- D-Splicer D-Knife