It looks like a winch. It mounts like a winch. It cranks like a winch. It’s not a winch.
First designed to solve a deck layout challenge unique to the J/70, the Harken SnubbAir might look like a smaller, more efficient version of the winch it replaces. But the product has so many potential applications it defies classification as a winch.
It could act more like a really large ratcheting foot, cheek block, or even a ratcheting line diverter in the pit. The SnubbAir provides lots of line-holding power even without a winch handle. That muscle could become very popular on an A Scow or a powered-up sport boat where the spinnakers can be more than a handful. Even better, you can just flip the sheet off the drum and jibe. If you need even more holding power, wrap the sheet around the SnubbAir twice or use a winch handle with the optional adapter.
SnubbAir comes with four integral threaded studs placed to precisely match the bolt pattern of the B8A winch on the J/70 deck. Start-to-finish, swapping out winches for SnubbAirs takes less than 10 minutes. All washers and Nylok® nuts required for mounting are included.
- Seldén PIRAT Aluminium Boom - 2628 + Outhaul
- Seldén ENTERPRISE Aluminium Boom - 2628
- Karver Top Down Swivel Tack Adaptor
- Spinlock Rig-Sense
- Seldén FLYING DUTCHMAN Complete Carbon Boom
- Seldén ALBACORE Aluminium Boom - 2633
- Trogear Trogear AS-40
- Silva Drybag - 30D
- Seldén FLYING DUTCHMAN Aluminium Boom - 2633
- Cyclops Marine Smartlink - Titanium Wireless Load Sensor
- Seldén FLYING JUNIOR Aluminium Boom - 2628
- Seldén SOLO Aluminium Boom - Olympus